Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Dash


A season is a time characterized by a particular circumstance, suitable to an indefinite period of time associated with a divine phenomenon that some call life. One of the first things I learned in this life was that it is a journey. During this passage through time I have come to realize that there are milestones, mountains, and valleys that everyone will encounter.

Sometimes the challenge of life seems unbearable and when those times appear I reach inside to where my faith is stored. There I find the inspiration, courage, and motivation that fill my soul with gratitude for having been given a life that has enriched my soul. So much so that in those times of trouble, when the bridges are hard to cross and the road gets rough, I hear a gentle voice reciting words once spoken by the Prophet Isaiah: “Fear not for I am with you.”

I receive an epiphany sometime ago upon reading the dates inscribed on the tombstone, for example, 1981 – 2001. I asked myself, what does this really mean? The beginning and the end, surely, but in the final analysis it is just a tiny little dash that represents the whole life of a person. I fall to my knees realizing the profound impact of that thought causing me to look to the heavens and wonder. If someone, for whatever reason, were to tell the story concealed within my dash.

So I ask you to consider what might your “Dash” reveal? And that’s my Thought Provoking Perspective for this Sunday morning!

http://johntwills.com

It gives me great pleasure to announce the return of “The Book Tree Radio Show” designed to bring the words of others to life by promoting literacy. My guests will include authors, poets, publishers, book clubs, or simply writers passionate about the written word. The Book Tree will air each Wednesday at 8:30 PM (est) beginning September 5th, 2012 with a special guest each week for your enjoyment. Be sure to tune in!

Legacy – A New Season the sequel to Just a Season is now available on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HJRPE0

No comments: