- Passed Health Care Reform: After five presidents over a century failed to create universal health insurance, signed the Affordable Care Act (2010).
- Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth amid greatest recession since the Great Depression.
- Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession.
- Ended the War in Iraq: Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. Last troops left on December 18, 2011.
- Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan: From a peak of 101,000 troops in June 2011, U.S. forces are now down to 91,000, with 23,000 slated to leave by the end of summer 2012.
- Eliminated Osama bin laden: In 2011, ordered Special Forces raid of secret compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan and eliminated hundreds of terrorist the world over.
- Turned around the ailing Auto Industry in 2009 to save one of the last major manufacturing industries through massive restructuring.
- Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”: Ended 1990s-era restriction and formalized new policy allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military for the first time.
- Toppled Moammar Gaddafi in March 2011 ending Gaddafi’s forty-two-year. No American lives were lost.
- Provided Payment to Wronged Minority Farmers when he signed the Claims Resolution Act, which provided $4.6 billion in funding for a legal settlement with black and Native American farmers.
- Won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Friday, October 18, 2013
Our Commander In Chief
I am grateful to have lived long enough to witness what most people, living or dead, thought to never believed possible, which is to see a Black Man elected President of these United States; not once but twice. Particularly, with America’s documented history concerning race that has been as horrible as any the world has ever known. Therefore, to know that a man of color is the most powerful man in the world and lives in the White House is as significant as the resurrection of Christ in my view.
President Obama’s victory this week was as complete and devastating as Sherman’s march through the South. But there is no early sign that the zealots of the anti-government far right have learned anything at all or desire to change their hatred rooted in the color of his skin. So we can expect more terrorism to lie ahead.
Most have forgotten the horrors of the last administration and the misdeeds of prior office holders and some will continue to buy into the ploys of the right. This is to include the Cain types and the good Doctor! I for one am proud of the work Mr. Obama has done and continue to do. Let me also say for the vial hatred constantly directed at him, if there were any dirt or skeletons in his closet – it would surely have been revealed and used against him by now.
Let me just recap some of his most recent successes and accomplishments while being CIC:
I've only selected a few of his significant accomplishments other than being an excellent family man, inspiration to the world, and roll model to billions of minorities, and African Americans in particular. When I look back at history, I cannot find another president who inherited as much mess and still was able to produce positive results. He has outsmarted his opponents at every turn and fought for the America people unlike no other.
Yes, Mr. President you are doing an amazing job. In fact, considering opposition before you; I’ll just call you Superman. I believe he can fly! God Bless you Sir and your beautiful family. And that’s my thought provoking perspective...