In a 911 call released by police according to the Orlando Sentinel: Shellie Zimmerman tells a dispatcher that her husband had "his hand on his gun and he keeps saying step closer." "Step closer and what?" a dispatcher asks."And he's going to shoot us," Shellie Zimmerman replies. Shellie Zimmerman says her husband punched her father, leaving a mark on his face. 911 Dispatch Call
- Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce last week in Seminole County.
- That filing came after she pleaded guilty to perjury on August 28 for lying about the state of the couple's finances during a bond hearing in April 2012. She had claimed she and her husband were broke, when in reality they had collected about $135,000 in donations.
- George Zimmerman was acquittal of the charges of Second Degree Murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin on July 13.
- In late July, he reportedly helped a family escape from an overturned SUV. A report from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office confirmed his involvement, which later reports say was untrue.
- Zimmerman was given a verbal warning for a traffic violation in Texas and reportedly told officers he had a firearm in his glove compartment.
- Last week in Florida he was issued a $256 ticket for speeding.
- There are reports that he has been arrested for assaulting a law enforcement officer in the past.
- There are reports that a former girl friend obtained a Restraining Order for a violent act.