Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Insanity of Some Peoples Reality


gunsIn the last few weeks I've heard some of the most ridiculous statements on the issue of gun control, from the right-wing nuts, that simply boggle the mind. Of course, it more of the same – more guns. I want to go out on a lamb and say that is exactly what the problem is; too many guns. We all know the urban communities have been crying out for help concerning the easy access to guns as long as I can remember. It seemed perfectly fair for the NRA and others to ignore the problem of gun violence in these communities, which could be viewed as genocide.

These same Politian’s who, in my opinion are bought and paid for, have failed to support sensible legislation to address the issue of guns that are designed for war. I heard Chris Rock say that the problem is not the guns, it’s the bullets. It is surely a huge part of the problem especially when a person can buy thousands of rounds of ammunition and no one sees a problem or asks a reasonable question; for what?

Since the horrible shooting at the Sandy Hooks Elementary School MANY places in America are passing laws to allow teachers to bring their guns to class. One such school district passed a law to have the janitors be the first line of defense and plan to give the janitor two days training! These are just two of the most insane options out there but what makes these so crazy; supposedly the parents of the children are not required to be notified.

I am not going to belabor or dignify this type of madness other than to say “INSANE”! I am a veteran who served in the Army during a war and I can tell you that the months of military training does not fully prepare you for that moment when faced with a gun by someone wanting to kill. Moreover, it is not as easy to use said gun when the moment arrives knowing you are going to kill. Last point, once done you have to live with the guilt.

The real reason I wrote this blog today is because I am discussed at those who compare the right to have guns to the Civil Rights Movement. One nut had the nerve to say that if every person had a gun maybe there would never have been slavery in America. I say, shame on you! To this guy, the slaves were considered chattel and not human nor citizens; according to the Constitution they were 3/5th’s human. I wonder if this fool realized that slaves were captured and brought to this country by force with guns.

My blood pressure is rising so I will close by saying simply, as you see in the captioned picture, more guns did not protect Ronald Reagan. So what makes anyone think more guns will protect our children. And that’s my Thought Provoking Perspective…

The attached video is dated July 2012 – just multiple the stats’ by two and the message is the same.


http://johntwills.com

No comments: