Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Greatest Story Ever Told


obama and kingI was thinking about the times in which we’ve lived with thoughts of our history. I always think about the ghosts of the greats who paved a might trail for us to walk. Black History Month is soon approaching and with that, I think, comes some responsibility. I was blessed to have had the good privilege to live during the civil rights era to witness groups and individuals fight to end racial segregation and the unequal treatment of African-Americans.

It would be my hope that all of us take this opportunity during Black History Month to reach one – teach one. Share the stories of our struggle with your children. I have added a few of the many significant events and some of the brave and courageous solders in the army that changed America or dare I say the world.

Events in the Civil Rights Movement

Solders of the Civil Rights Movement

I am reminded of Malcolm X who used to say “Make It Plain” which meant in essence to bring forth the knowledge. And that’s my Thought Provoking Perspective…

No comments: