Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Childred Left Behind

I’ve seem 3many issues related to human rights here and aboard. Let me say from the beginning that it was our Civil Rights Movement that every other group with an issue used in an attempt to address their issue. Their issue may or may not be relevant, but I will say every issue is not a human rights issue. I won’t give examples because I think you get the point. Personally, I don’t think anything was worse than then the Apartheid system of the south imposed upon African American’s.
We have heard lately that this or that is the civil rights issue of our time. Depending on the perspective those people who support a particular issue may have a point. But, let me say that the Civil Rights issue of our times is EDUCATION! Ask yourself, how do we prepare our children to be prepared to enter into a democracy that is driven by capitalism?
Before I continue, let me say clearly “Knowledge is power and power produces an understanding that education is the single most important ingredient necessary to neutralize those forces that breed poverty and despair.” This does not occur in our society as evidenced by the zip code of the student.
Since Brown v Board states have taken enormous steps to defer the education of minorities and the poor, particularly black student. Whites have moved out to what is little more than segregated communities in order to establish separate but unequal schools. We have seen that No Child Left Behind does not and did not work. Monies are stripped from most school budgets because of insane wars efforts and the all powerful military industrial complex. Let us not forget, we spend billion on the dream of space travel with no intent for us to benefit. So what is the answer?
They say Charter Schools and the privatization of schools systems – really. These options in my opinion are not the answer because there is little control or oversight by the educational system authorities in most case. The result is no accountability and corruption by management of many of these entities. Hence, the student suffers! Let me go back to the issue of segregation – did you know that New York City public schools are the most segregated schools in the country followed by Dallas and Chicago. Shocking!!!
I am not going to dissect this issue now because I am researching this for a future writing.  I know I will be challenged and want to have statistics to support my contention. However, I have put forth what I hope is enough for some to dialog and hopefully take an interest. If you live in the state of Pennsylvania, for example, they have cut ONE BILLION dollars from the state’s education budget which will result in the loss of over 3,000 teachers.

What the system is doing today is not educating, rather it has become boot camps for the other privatized entity call the PENITENTIARY!!! And that is my Thought Provoking Perspective…

No comments: