Friday, October 19, 2012

Introducing Author Deliah Lawrence

The John T. Wills Book Tree Radio Show is proud to presents our first Saturday Night Special – “In The Spotlight with Author Deliah Lawrence”. Deliah’s debut novel “GOTTA LET IT GO” won a finalist award in 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards in the multi-cultural category. She’s an attorney and member of the Maryland Writers Association.

Deliah is an amazingly gifted write with a creative writing style that will captive your imagination thought her romantic-suspense novel entitled, Gotta Let It Go. She’s currently working on her second novel, entitled, Love, Honor and Contempt which will be published soon.

You don’t want to miss this incredible interview Saturday October 20th, 2012 at 8:30 PM (est): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/johntwills

"Gotta Let It Go"

Synopsis:
Moments before Deidre Hunter signs the papers that will end her marriage to her cheating husband, her best friend and divorce attorney get murdered. Devastated by this tragedy, she sets out with one intent: to find the killer. In the midst of the investigation she finds herself attracted to Hill Harris, the handsome but elusive homicide detective assigned to handling the case. Despite his warnings to follow proper police procedures, she strikes out to uncover clues on the crime-ridden streets of Baltimore which forces her into dangerous circumstances and potential heartache.

Excerpt from Chapter One:

The glint in his eyes dimmed, and his smile faded when I got to my feet. “So,” he said, clasping his hands behind his back. “I guess, this is it, huh?”

He looked at me with sad puppy eyes which always softened my heart and made me forgive him his indiscretions over and over again. But not this time. As I remembered his words, “you’ll never win,” which he spat at me like venom when he received the divorce papers, and they jolted me back to reality. Without a doubt, I had to go through with this, right here and right now.


“Yup,” I said, gritting my teeth. He had a real talent for rattling me. Every time I caught him lying or cheating, he somehow managed to turn things in his favor by focusing on ‘extenuating circumstances,’ or ‘the entertainment’—his definition of the women he bedded. I loved him, but it was no ordinary love. It’s the type of love that would make me go crazy or would kill me slowly. And I love me.


 He nonchalantly stretched out one arm, then theother, to adjust his gem studded cuff links in the sleeves of his starched white shirt. “So where’s your attorney?” he asked, smoothing the blue silk tie that matched the pinstripes of his elegant Italian suit. I couldn’t sit down any longer and let him continue to have the upper hand. So I straightened my back and then stood up next to him. Despite being five-seven from wearing three inch heels, he stood almost six inches taller than I, and he overshadowed me.

“Not to worry,” I snapped, grabbing my handbag. “We don’t want to keep you from being single a minute longer than necessary.” I tucked my handbag under my arm so hard I thought surely I would find a bruise later. “You’ve always been single in your mind and heart . . . and married only when it served your purpose.”
 
To Preview The Entire Chapter One:

Just click on this link
http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecreatespace%2Ecom%2FPreview%2F1066321&urlhash=Ln9B&_t=mbox_mebc

Gotta Let It Go is now available for sale 

Visit the following online stores to purchase a copy of my novel (trade paperback, hardback, Kindle, Nook) at www.amazon.com, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/, and www.xlibris.com/Bookstore

1 comment:

Xlibris said...

Xlibris recommended book: "Gotta Let It Go" By Deliah Lawrence. This a wonderful book, must read.